Are you looking for a job as a truck and/or delivery van driver in Luxembourg? Join Arthur Welter, a leader in Road Transport for almost 60 years !
Founded in 1962, Arthur Welter is a 100% family owned and operated road transport company that recruits! We employ more than 700 people in the transport and logistics sector and our teams are constantly growing.
Our fleet is made up of more than 800 transport units dedicated to international and regional transport. Being a truck driver at Arthur Welter means driving the roads for our Customers at the wheel of the latest and most efficient trucks!
Truck driver job : the missions
At Arthur Welter, the job of road transport consists mainly of transporting goods, making sure that :
- Checking the condition of the truck and making sure it’s in good working order.
- Carry out first level maintenance and repairs if necessary.
- Transporting the goods while respecting the planned deadlines, arrival and departure times.
- Check the temperature stability inside the cargo box if necessary.
- Supervise the loading and unloading operations of the merchandise and ensure its stowage.
- Observe speed and driving time regulations, report delays and difficulties encountered on the road.
- Updating the on-board documents, delivery notes and all regulatory papers.
Have delivery notes signed.
- Correctly complete transport documents and check that they are complete and in conformity with national and international regulations.
- Inform the workshop of any repairs to be carried out on the truck.
Truck driver job: why join us?
- You will benefit from one of the most attractive truck driver salaries in the sector thanks to our progressive remuneration policy.
- If you are a novice lorry driver, you will be accompanied and trained by us.
Truck driver in Luxembourg: the profiles we are looking for:
Driver’s license and certifications HGV:
- Trucker’s license (C or CE).
- Mandatory continuing education.
- Depending on the case, an ADR certificate (transport of hazardous goods).
- Depending on the case, awareness of the transport of food and pharmaceutical products.
The skills and competences we are looking for:
Being a truck driver at Arthur Welter means being on the road safely every day. To do so, you must have the following skills and competencies:
- You have excellent visual acuity and very good hearing.
- You have passed the general aptitude test.
- You comply with traffic regulations and rules, you are familiar with safety procedures and your driving behaviour is irreproachable.
- You are reactive and dynamic.
- You are vigilant and rigorous.
- You know how to be courteous with Customers and you relay information to the operations department.
- You are careful with equipment and you have a basic knowledge of mechanics.
Experience is required for the job of truck driver:
- Two years of experience are required.
You will be asked to provide an extract from your criminal record that is less than 3 months old before the employment process is finalised.